Impulse is an acting class for ages 18 to adult. The class offers weekly training to continuously develop and expand your acting technique. Students can attend term on term and year on year to constantly polish and refine skills.
During our time together you will learn to understand the delivery of text and subtext, develop vocal control, improve articulation and respond vocally to the demands of a role. You will be taught how to perform with spontaneity and focus, develop an understanding of body language, posture and gesture, portray characters from different periods and genres as well as know how to use your performance space effectively.
Each teaching term gives the student the chance to learn and develop new skills; training can be attended term on term and year on year to ensure you advance your skills. We do recommend a minimum of 4 terms to be attended to cover the basics. You can begin your training at the start of any term.
- Registration Fee: R0.00
- Training Fee: R 800 per term
Payment is due in full BEFORE the start of each term.
Classes are one hour, once a week. 9 classes are held per teaching term and we hold 4 terms per year, the start dates are respectively January, April, July & October.
At the end of each term, you will be given the option to remain in the class you are currently attending, move to another time slot, or leave the programme, in which case we will open your place to people on our waiting list.
- Tuesdays 11-12 pm, or
- Wednesdays 6-7 pm, or
- Thursdays 11-12 pm, or
- Thursdays 5-6pm
We take a minimum of 6 and maximum of 12 students per class.
All classes follow the same termly training programme – one class is not better/more advanced than others.
It will not be possible to move classes DURING a term BUT at the end of a term, you can move to another class.
- You start the programme at the start of any term, mentioned above.
- There is NO end date – this class gives continuous, term on term and year on year, skills development.
- You select when you want to stop training by submitting your written notice.
- Payment is required when you register to secure your place.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- This class is skills-based training.
- This is NOT a certificate, diploma or degree programme.
- No matric certificate or audition required to join.
- This class is not registered with NSFAS.
To find out more and/or to register, complete the form below.
Two Durban Actors Studio Impulse acting students, Nomathemba Dlamini and Ajax Mkhwanazi, spent three days in the studio rehearsing with Peter Court and Londiwe Ngwazi for a Road Traffic Safety project which was rolled out to rural KZN schools during the months of February and March.
Peter is the founder of Creative Madness, an award-winning Durban based production company.