Impulse – weekly acting class
“As someone who has dreams of opening his own production studio, I cannot thank you enough. I learned so much in this weekly class. I developed an understanding of character, scene building and storytelling. I would totally recommend Durban Actors Studio – its a place out of the ordinary!!!”
Impulse is an acting class for ages 17 to adult. The class offers weekly training to continuously develop and expand your acting technique. You attend classes term on term and year on year to constantly polish and refine your skills.
During our time together you will learn to understand the delivery of text and subtext, develop vocal control, improve articulation and respond vocally to the demands of a role. You will be taught how to perform with spontaneity and focus, develop an understanding of body language, posture and gesture, portray characters from different periods and genres as well as know how to use your performance space effectively.
Each teaching term gives the student the chance to learn and develop new skills; we recommend a minimum of 4 terms to be attended to cover the basics. You can begin your training at the start of any term.
Selected students who excel in class will be invited to perform for invited VIPs, talent agents, local directors and industry professionals, as well as family and friends, at our year-end in studio showcase.
Class Day/Time and Fees
2018 REGISTRATION CLOSED AND CLASSES ARE FULL
If you want to pursue part-time acting training we recommend you register online now and settle fees to secure your place – we allocate places on a first to pay basis. We take a minimum of 6 students and close registration when we reach 12 students per class.
Classes take place every Wednesday during the term times below
- Term 1: 16 Jan – 6 Mar
- Term 2: 10 Apr – 12 Jun (no class 1 May)
- Term 3: 24 Jul – 18 Sept
- Term 4: 9 Oct – 4 Dec
- Wednesdays at 11-12pm or 6-7 pm
- Additional classes MAY be added based on demand
- R 800 per term – Payment due on registration confirmation.
- You start the programme at the start of any term, mentioned above.
- There is NO end date – this class gives continuous, term on term and year on year, skills development.
- You select when you want to stop training by submitting your written notice.
- Payment is required when you register to secure your place.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- This class is skills-based training.
- This is NOT a certificate, diploma or degree programme.
- No matric certificate or audition required to join.
- This class is not registered with NSFAS.