Private acting classes develop a multitude of performance and communication skills. Our acting programme is tiered on 4 distinct learning levels and suitable for ages 8-18.
We use the LAMDA (London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art) Acting examination syllabus to underpin our training in the field of acting and stage performance. Learners do not have to enter the annual October LAMDA acting exam; however, we recommend this as a way to benchmark skills learnt on an international level.
We have been an authorised training and examination centre for LAMDA since 2007. Our young acting students consistently achieve excellent results and the work we produce is highly commended by LAMDA.
- Read and perform fluently and with a good understanding
- Expand vocabulary and powers of self-expression
- Improve confidence in performance and communication
- Develop vocal dynamics and skills in oratory performance
- Classes are 50 minutes in duration and held once a week during the school term
- Attendance at all classes is expected to see progression
- Upon successful completion of a level or exam, learners will be invited to perform in a showcase
- Acting assessment class
2017 TRAINING DAYS
- Training sessions are available Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm
- R320 assessment class
- R300 per session (minimum training period is 1 x school term, dates TBA by Durban Actors Studio)
EXAMINATION / CERTIFICATE
- Upon completion of each “level” of training learners will receive a Durban Actors Studio, Certificate of Completion.
- If the learner enters and passes a LAMDA Examination, they will also receive an internationally certified performance certificate.
Go to our CONTACT PAGE to request more information OR click REGISTER, below, to book your assessment class.