Impulse – weekly acting class
“As someone who has dreams of opening his own production studio, I cannot thank you enough. I learned so much in this weekly class. From developing an understanding of character, scene building to storytelling. There is no doubt that I would totally recommend Durban Actors Studio; its a place out of the ordinary!!!”
Impulse is an acting class for ages 17 to adult which offers weekly training to continuously develop and expand your acting technique, polish and refine your skills.
During our time together you will learn to understand the delivery of text and subtext, develop vocal control, improve articulation and learn how to respond vocally to the demands of a role.
You will be taught how to perform with spontaneity and focus, develop an understanding of body language, posture and gesture, portray characters from different periods and genres as well as know how to use your performance space effectively.
Selected students who excel in this class will be invited to perform for invited VIPs, talent agents, local directors and industry professionals at our year-end studio showcase.
Class Day/Time and Fees
Classes take place on a Wednesday as per below
- Term 1: From 16 Jan to 6 Mar
- Term 2: From 10 Apr to 12 Jun (no class 1 May)
- Term 3: From 24 Jul to 18 Sept
- Term 4: From 9 Oct to 4 Dec
- Wednesdays 11-12pm, or Wednesdays 6-7 pm (you register to attend 1-time slot and cannot switch between classes due to group work)
- R 800 per term
- We take a minimum of 6 students and close registration when we reach 12 students per class.
- Durban Actors Studio, 114 Intersite Avenue
- You can start the programme at the start of any term.
- There is NO end date – this class offers continuous skills development.
- You stop training by submitting your written notice at the end of a term.
- Payment is required to secure your place.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- This is NOT a certificate, diploma or degree programme.
- No matric certificate or audition required to join.
- Impulse is not registered with NSFAS.