TV/Film Acting Club
Our TV/Film Acting Club is broken down into two ages groups, 10 to 15 and 16 to adult – this is a class with a difference.
We approach this class by learning how to play on camera. We take this “play” approach to reduce the natural tension everyone has and develop camera confidence. We work with different actions and reactions, based on character, context and content, to see what works for you, the camera, the scene, the story. Our TV/Film Acting Club will keep you engaged and performing as much as possible; from cold reading, delivering sides, to getting the most out of your script and understanding/portraying subtext in a believable way. We record and view pieces in class so constructive feedback can be given by all.
Each term we enhance existing skills and develop new skills; as such, this is a continuous training programme and is designed for anyone, of every skill level. We grow together as a group of like-minded individuals who are dedicated to improving our craft on a part-time basis. Do not join if you think you will be a professional actor after 9 classes, that doesn’t happen. Even professionals attend regular training to sharpen their skills, I guess one could say that is why they are professional – the improvement of one’s skill set in our industry never stops!
We also invite, at various times of the year, industry professionals to attend and talk to you about “life on set“; the people you will be interacting with, the terminology used and the expectations the director and crew have of you, the actor.
Class Day, Time and Fees
10 to 15 years – TV/Film Acting Club
R 900 per term – Friday afternoons from 4 pm to 5 pm
- Term 1: 18 Jan – 15 Mar
- Term 2: 12 Apr – 14 Jun
- Term 3: 19 Jul – 20 Sep
- Term 4: 4 Oct – 29 Nov
16 to Adult – TV/Film Acting Club (FULL – contact us to be added to the waiting list)
R 1200 per term – Tuesdays 6 pm to 7:30 pm
- Term 1: 15 Jan – 12 Mar
- Term 2: 09 Apr – 04 Jun
- Term 3: 16 Jul – 10 Sep
- Term 4: 8 Oct – 03 Dec
- Students numbers are limited to 12 per class – payment secures your place.
- You can start the programme at the start of any term.
- There is NO end date – this class gives continuous, term on term and year on year, skills development.
- You tell us when you want to stop training by emailing your written notice.
- Payment is required when you register to secure your place.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- This class is skills-based training.
- This is NOT a certificate, diploma or degree programme.
- No matric certificate or audition required to join.
- This class is not registered with NSFAS.